MP3's at CDUniverse.com

Tuesday 27 September 2011

The Big White Van and The Funny Little Man....

Ma's New Ride
Hey Guys-today I wanted to share a funny little story about my Ma.  Since I told you all about Pops last time, I thought today I would tell you about Ma. My mother, Babetta Bonzerelli Baffilini is the most loving person I know. Everyone calls her "Babe" by the way. She looks something like Ginny Sacramento on the Sopranos (I'm hoping you know who that is).  Ma is the type of nurturing soul who just loves to look after anyone and anything.  She really never got angry, instead she is more of a crier and always tries to make peace. I don't know how many time I heard "Now we are all friends here.." when I was growing up. Ma is a proud Italian-American, we had both flags outside our house...and a devout Catholic, we even had the statues of saints in our garden!  She loved to knit us stuff and once she even sent us to school wearing matching "Kiss Me, I'm Italian" t-shirts, my bro Tony beat up some geeks and stole their shirts just so we could ditch those things!  Anyhow, remember the story about Pops? Well, it just so happened that on that same day Ma had some news of her own. Nonna arrived, and was now busy telling Pops he was no good and "ruined my daughter's life" a phrase we had heard just about every time she and Pops were anywhere near each other.  Just then, Tony came in from out front and said, "Hey whose big white van is that parked outside?"  Pops, who was already livid stormed to look out and started cursing saying "Ah, bugger! If they think they can just use my drive as a &%$# parking lot, then I'll just...."  Then Ma stepped in sheepishly, blushing and said "It's my van, Barney."  Pops kept going on and then fell silent.  "Whoa, back up Babe. I must be imagining things because I could have sworn you said that van was YOURS."  Ma nodded guiltily,"Yes Barney, it is mine. I bought it because I need it, I need it for my...new job."  Pops exploded "New job? What the hell happened to your old job Babe?"  Ma had been a hairstylist, but hated it.  "I quit my job Barn, and now I have a job I love." Just then the horn from the van honked outside. We all went to the window to look. There in the passenger's seat sat a funny little man. "Do you know that guy, Ma?" Tony asked her. Ma gestured to the man to come in. He hopped out of the car and headed to our front door, we noticed he walked kind of funny. Anyhow, I will tell you what happens next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment