MP3's at CDUniverse.com

Thursday 22 September 2011

A Big Hello and Welcome to my Blog!!! The Story starts......

back in 1984....
Remember the 80's?  Big hair, Pac-Man, Ghetto-blasters, Cabbage-Patch Dolls?  Fun times! I was 11 years old.  My Nonno(grandfather) had just passed away from a heart attack, so this meant that the bakery he owned with my Nonna, got sold because she could not run it alone and the money from the sale was divided up between my Ma and her two younger siblings, so she received and inheritance. Until then, we had lived in a little tiny apartment above a 24-hr laundromat in Bensonhurst. Ma somehow talked Pops into moving to a better place so that is how we ended up moving to Middle Village. 
Pops was not thrilled though, you know why?  two reasons really, A. He didn't want to spend the money on a house, I love my Pops but he was and is kinda cheap-sorry Pops.   B. My Nonna lived on the next block over-she and Pops were and still are mortal enemies since the day my Ma brought him home! This meant they would be seeing a lot more of each other, much to both of their disliking!  Anyhow, we packed up all our stuff and moved the week before Labor Day. We loaded up my Pops' old brown Chevy pickup and piled in as Pops, Ma, Me, twin bro Tony and little brother Bruno headed over the Queensboro Bridge with Joe Jackson's "Steppn' Out" playing on the radio and  left the streets of the 'hurst behind forever.....
Anyone here from Middle Village?  Anyone grow up in the 80's like I did?  I would love to hear your own memories and stories, my story will continue next time when I tell you all about our big move.....

No comments:

Post a Comment